The Human-Induced Earthquake Database (HiQuake)
The Human-Induced Earthquake Database (HiQuake) is the largest and most up-to-date database of earthquake sequences proposed to have been induced or triggered by human activity.
The data are freely available to download in Microsoft Excel format for your own analysis.
We endeavour to keep the database up-to-date and accurate. If you have additional cases to add to the database, more information regarding existing entries, or corrections, please contact us.
HiQuake was last updated on the 1st February 2018.
Projects with reported induced seismicity
- Mining 37%
- Water reservoir impoundment 22%
- Conventional Oil and Gas 14%
- Geothermal 8%
- Waste fluid disposal 5%
- Fracking 6%
- Nuclear explosions 3%
- Unspecified Oil and Gas/Waste fluid disposal 2%
- Research 2%
- Groundwater extraction 1%
- Deep penetrating bombs .5%
- Construction .3%
- CCS .3%
- Coal Bed Methane (CBM) .1%